Changing icon size in Window 7 and windows 8 is good for clear display. To change icons size in windows 7 requires basic practice with your keyboard and mouse. By pressing some simple keyboard button and mouse keys you can change icons size easily.
- Jump to: How to install Fonts on Windows 8
As Windows 8 also has been released as Release preview release, lots of features are similar to windows 7. Microsoft concentrated specially on look and display of Windows 8. They made windows 8 better than Windows 7. Changing icons is too easy in Windows 8 comparing to Windows 7 icons.
How to Change Icon size and Font size Windows 7
Recently i bought a mini Laptop and installed windows 7 and windows 8 in separate drive. I notice that icons are two big and I could not manage all my software icons together on the desktop. Alas I configure it and change icon size in both window 7 and Window 8. Actually icon size comes in regular size with windows operating system so when we use small size monitor then we have to suffer big size icons and when we use big size display monitor then we have small icon size issue.
How to Change icon size Window 7: Follow some basic steps to change icons in Windows 7.
- Click “Start” button from Task bar and Choose Control Penal.
- Now Select “Display” from control penal. If you could not find Display setting then first choose “Large icons” from box which is upper right corner.
- Here you will see resolution settings. Choose as per your need. First is small which is regular size. Second is medium which will be perfect for icons size and Font size. Third one is Large which is great for big size display monitor in which icon and font size will be increase to big one.
- After selecting one of three option, Hit apply button. A popup dialog box will be open.
- Click on “Log off now” button to see big size of icons and font after log off or Click later. If you click on later then windows 7 icons will be changed after restart or log off your computer.
How to Change Icon size and Font size Window 8
There is no much difference in Windows 7 and window 8 features but Microsoft has made everything smart and easy in Windows 8. You can very smartly change icon size and font size in Windows 8. It will be very interesting to see changing icons and Font size in Windows 8. Windows 8 Icon settings.
- If you have touch screen laptop or display monitor which have touch screen and Windows 8 has been installed in it then changing size of fonts and icons will become too easy. You just need to touch any icon with your two fingers and expand it. Icon size and font size will be increase as per your need. You can collapse your fingers to decrease icons and fonts size. I love this feature in Windows 8.
- You can change icon size with the help of keyboard. Just press Control button and without releasing it Click on icon and scroll up to increase icon size and down to decrease the size of icon in Windows 8.
Change Icon size in Windows XP
Comparing to latest operating system like Windows 7 and Windows 8, it is tough to change icon in Windows XP but sure you will change icon size in Window XP too.
Step 1: First Right click on desktop and Select Properties which will be last option.
Step 2: Now Click on “Appearance” tab in Properties.
Step 3: Click on “Advance” button to change icon size.
Step 4: Choose “Icon” from “Item” field.
Step 5: Default size of icon is 32 in Windows XP so Change icon size as per your need.
Step 6: Change font size accordingly and click on OK button.
Step 7: Click on Apply and again OK to instantly take effect.
Do the same to change back to normal size icon.
Rehana Shaikh is author of how to change icon size Windows 7.