How do you put music on Tumblr blog as you know sound player is must for blogger to stay visitors. You can use either a simple HTML code to add background song or music widget for autoplay track.
We have shared various music player blog owner will able to choose options how to insert it. All the methods have autoplay option with on/off. You can choose your desire music tracks and beats whatever your choice.
As a expert SEO I will recommend you to put two line HTML code which have great ability to play background beats when somebody open your blog page. You can apply other methods if you just want to put entire music player on your Tumblr blog with playlist.
How Do You Put Music on Tumblr
Anyways, Playing a track in the background is always a fun to visit and read long pages. I personally love it. Tumblr gives all the flexibility to do such things very easily because it allows users to edit theme HTML and so that we can monetize and customize our blog.
1Embed Small Code on Tumblr Blog
Embedding track in the background is the best option, It will not reduce your blog page load speed gives such a wonderful playback sound. You just need to edit your Tumblr theme HTML file and adding a small code. Anytime you can turn of autoplay and remove this small music player from the blog.
- If you already have a blog created on Tumblr then just logged in and click on your blog name which is next to Dashboard.
- You have to click on “Customize Theme” option from right sidebar.
- A left sidebar will be open with some configuration buttons and sections. Hit “Edit HTML” button. You can easily find edit HTML button.
- Scroll down and find <body> tag. You can search this tag with browser search facility. Once you find it. Paste the code given in the image file above.
- Use your own sound track instead of “URL”.
- Click on Update from the top and then Save it.
- Open your blog page to see effect.
2SCM Tumblr Music Player
A best option for adding sound widget for your tumblr blog is SCM player. A great customization option. If you say to choose any player for my blog after small code which i have provided in first trick then I will prefer SCM as alternative to first trick on my blog. It is such a wonderful and easy to embed. You do not need to create any useless account and all that boring things, just select skin, choose songs and insert it to your player. Done.
- First of all go to SCMPlayer.net.
- If you have like any skin then tick it and press next from bottom. At SCM you have option to customize skin of your music player.
- Enter song title and URL in the next field. This is very convenient option and very easy as I see in various sites. You can put as many songs as you want in your playlist. If you like any YouTube video’s song then just add it too in the URL field.
- When you are done, Click on Next button from bottom for configuration.
- Choose options of autoplay and shuffle with the player position.
- Finally Click on Done to get Code.
Put your code as per first method. This was second choice if I have to choose any small music player.
3Hypster Widget for Tumblr
Many users love to put a music player with playlist on the sidebar or bottom of the blog pages. If you are the one of them then you also have the option of adding your desire playlist. A website called “Hypster.com” which provide such service to play music tracks on Tumblr, Blogspot, WordPress and on custom websites. You just need to create a account there and upload or search some songs and add it to play list. that’s it. Follow the exact steps below.
- Go to Hypster.com and Register a account there.
- After registration Go to home page and Click on Player skin from right sidebar. You can use this link after registration “Get Music Widget for Tumblr“.
- Select the skin of your player. Click one of the skin.
- Choose skin from various selection out there and Click configuration.
- In the configuration menu, tick on “Auto Start” and Shuffle, Select your playlist and Finally Click on Get Code.
- When you get the code of Hypster music player widget then paste that code below <body> tag as we have covered that topic earlier.
- Save your theme and once check the effect.
Two ways you can create your playlist on Hypster. You can either upload your favorite songs or just choose from searching option there. Search and insert songs and music tracks on your playlist. Save it and done.
4GrooveShark Code for Tumblr
One another useful plugin is Groove shark which also provide same functionality as Hypster. Here you will get variety of skins and choice to play your favorite song from your playlist. Easy embed is the key of success for the Grooveshark. If you put Grooveshark music player then you will get lot of customization options like autoplay on/off, Player skins and the place where you want to put song play list.
- Create account on GrooveShark to get code.
- You must have playlist to get code to add mp3 player on your blog.
- Search and Put songs in your playlist. Do not forget to save your playlist.
- When your playlist get ready to introduce on your blog, Click on Share button from the top menu. Click on “More” icon from drop down menu. Now Click on Embed button.
- Get small code and paste as I mentioned in first trick.
If you have any kind of confusion or issues or query then comment here, You will be answered within two hours. Make sure you have shared this on Facebook and as well as on Tumblr too.
Rehana Shaikh is author of How Do You Put Music on Tumblr.