How to Change your Picture on Tumblr. Best size of profile photo will create amazing impression. Customize your profile picture with the easiest way which I have provided.
Tumblr will ask only Email address, Username and password when First time you sign up with Tumblr. Actually you have to change Tumblr Picture after confirming your email address. I will cover detailed tutorial about the procedure.
What is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a website which host blogs on their server similar to Blogspot and WordPress blog hosting services. You have the option to add custom domain name or if you do not have your own top level domain then there is a option to choose their sub domain free of cost.
Change Tumblr Avatar For Your Blog
1In order to upload an avatar for your blog on Tumblr you will need to follow exact steps which I am going to explain below. You will have to have Tumblr account to modify avatar picture. Skip this if you already have tumblr account.
- Go to Tumblr website and Sign up for your blog account.
- Fill Email address, Username and Password and follow instructions.
- Confirm your Email by clicking link forwarded by Tumblr.
2Now we will see how to change avatar on tumblr for your blog. You can say it to your avatar. After confirming your email address you will be able to add avatar picture to your tumblr account.
- click on your “Blog Name” from the front page of Tumblr website. (In my case it was Howtoblogz)
- Now Click on “Blog Settings” button or link given on the right sidebar.
- Here you will get all the settings parameter regarding to your Tumblr blog account.
- There is first option called “Portrait Photo”. Click Browse to upload your “Avatar”.
- After successfully uploaded your Avatar, Do not forget to hit “Save” button from bottom.
Note: You can just repeat the procedure to modify Tumblr picture from step 1 to 5. Or you can Go to Tumblr to Change Picture.
Why Profile Picture is Necessary for Tumblr Blog
No body will notice you on Tumblr if you will not having a smart, cool and effective logo or Profile picture on any Tumblr blog. Make sure to configure all the settings before publish first post on Tumblr.
Rehana Shaikh is author of How to Change Your Picture on Tumblr.