Profile Picture is the Poster which attract thousands of your friend and visitors. Facebook has easy process to change it. Beautiful and well configured profile picture can change the way of your using social networking sites.
Nowadays there are lot of Facebook apps are available for iPad and iPhone to manage your social networking activity like modify Facebook URL, updating status messages, changing profile photo and videos on Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter and many more. Today I will show you some tricks to update your profile picture on PC and using iPad, iPhone and Android mobile apps for Facebook.
First Impression is Profile Picture
Changing profile picture is the same procedure on all devices whether if it is PC, iPad, iPhone or Android. Here we will see how can you modify Facebook profile picture. You will need a handsome picture for your profile frame.
1Open your web browser and point it to Facebook a social network site. Click on your name and go to your profile page.
2There you will notice a button on your profile photo called “Add Profile Picture”, just click on it.
3You will get two drop down options. Let me give you detailed view on those options. See below…
- Take Photo: This option allow you to use your webcam or if you are using iPad, iPhone or Android to take a photo for your Facebook profile. This is the best option if you have not a smart picture till yet. Shoot your beautiful picture using built in app of your phone or using your webcam of your PC.
- Upload Photo: I like this Facebook feature. This options allow users to upload a photo which is already taken and is in your hard disk or memory card if you are using your phone. Browse a attractive picture from your computer and Click OK to upload it.
Note: As per Facebook guideline the best size is 180×180 pixel for your profile picture. If you will take or upload your photo which is more than above mentioned size, System will only show center main part of your photo with above mentioned size. So best part is take your photo using Webcam or iPad, iPhone or Android phone camera and edit it and make it best as per 180×180 pixel size photo. Then upload using second option on Facebook or You can set your iPad camera photo settings to 180×180 pixel so that it will take same sized picture and you will not need to modify it anymore.
Change Your Profile Picture using Your Phone
If you are using one of the mobile phone from iPad, iPhone or Android then you should be happy because there are numerous apps are available to change profile picture on iPad or whatever device you use. Download Facebook apps from below links.
- Jump to: Top 20 Best Free Android Apps 2012
Changing Cover Photo on Facebook
Again cover photo is the key to your online success or impress somebody by showing your entire nature of creativity. Timeline cover picture represent you in your Facebook timeline. You should choose cover photo as per your nature of activity. Wrong cover picture can harm your overall image.
1Go to your timeline profile, you will notice a cover banner or photo next to your profile picture. You need to change cover photo.
2Click “Add a Cover” to upload a cover banner. You should note that your cover banner should be at least 720 pixel wide and should be unique. You can not use your friend’s or other user’s cover banner for you as per Facebook policy.
3Here also you will get two options and similar as first method but something change.
- Choose from Photos: This option allows you to choose from your existing photos which is store in your album. Click this option and Choose a beautiful cover photo which suit your personality.
- Upload Photo: This is second option there which allow you to upload cover banner from your computer hard disk. As I already mention that cover banner should be at least 720 pixel wide.
- Jump to: How to Add Best Facebook Timeline Covers
- Jump to: How to Make a Facebook Timeline Cover Banner
Question 1: What is difference between Profile Picture and Cover Photo?
Ans: Profile picture is the picture which can be seen to your friends other Facebook users next to your name on the front page of your profile and Cover photo is a banner which represent nature of your activity. If you are Game lover then you can upload and change your cover photo related to gaming banner.
Question 2: Can I Advertise my own ads using that cover banner?
Rehana Shaikh is author of How to Change Profile Picture on Facebook.